Built in the 1830’s to the design of Charles Barry, who went on to design St Peters Church and the Houses of Parliament, the planned function of the Pepperpot Tower at Queens Park was to house a wind wheel which would draw water from a well below the structure and into a large holding tank beneath the Tower. From there it would be pumped into the nearby villas for use.
Did it ever run? Who knows. Mains water arrived as the Tower was being built, so maybe not. It has been a folly in search of a function ever since and this video, made by the Friends of the Pepperpot , gives a peep inside and up to the top.